Monday 27 October 2008

27/10/08


Another angry day.
Painting going very badly- very inconsistent.
Good or bad- I still can't sell anything- but not for want of trying.
Drawing shown is one of my better efforts.
Took me all of 10 minutes and Whistler's knowledge of a lifetime.
Painted a brilliant landscape a few days ago, but can't even mix the same colours again. Catastrophic memory failure.
Christmas is coming and the geese are on a diet. But my daughter wants another penguin from America. But of course she'll get it, even though it will cost a fortune in current exchange rates-pounds against the dollar.
My other daughter has left home,although she still lives upstairs. Although i don't think staring at a laptop is living.
"University challenge" has been cancelled, for that phoney programme -Autumn Watch with Bill All-Too-Oddie. I like "University Challenge" and all quiz programmes because I can shout at the television constructively. Also watched "Only Connect" on BBC4. Three adults, between them, failed to spot the simplest connection between Gordon, Harry, Photography and Flood. Amazing.
News is very depressing. A new drug for arthritis is promised for some at £10,000 a year. Some hope. It has only just occurred to George Osborne that knocking around with a Russian billionaire is likely to anger the poor devils who can't afford to shop at Sainsburys.
Signing off now to check emails from the most eccentric of my eccentric clients. Architecture is a profession for the bravest of the brave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice soooo I would like to invite you to visit and become friendly with me at my art blog.

I hope you will come by and enjoy the variety of labels, and music videos and experiences as lived here in San Diego.

Great and hope to hear from you soon... see ya

Michael Stanger Art said...

Thank you. i enjoyed seeing all your collection of pictures and paintings.